From the 10th to the 13rd, follow their trip within the French Startup Ecosystem on Twitter : #BonjourLFT
Investors and influential figures:
- Doug Carlisle, Menlo Ventures: Created in 1976, Menlo ventures manages more than $4 billion dollars. They have notably invested in Hotmail, Ascend, UUnet, Check, Siri, and Uber.
- Margit Wennmachers, Andreesen Horowitz: Created in 2009, Andreesen Horowitz, manages more than $4 billion dollars. They have notably invested in successes such as Skype, Instagram, Oculus VR, and Airbnb.
- Om Malik, GigaOM and True Ventures: Om Malik is the founder of GigaOM, one of the most‐read blogs in Silicon Valley. He is also Venture Partner at True Ventures. Created in 2006, True Ventures manage nearly a billion dollars and have made more than 100 investments, which have already created nearly 2000 jobs.
- Dylan Tweney, Venture Beat: Dylan is editor of Venture Beat, one of the most‐read blogs in Silicon Valley
- Matt Turk, First Mark Capital: Created in 2008, First Mark manages nearly a billion dollars. They have notably invested in Netgear, Pinterest, Shopify, and others.
- Will Gaybrick, Thrive Capital: Created in 2009 by Joshua Kushner, Thrive Capital is an investment fund focused on media and the internet. With close to $200 million in the current fund, Thrive has notably invested in Instagram.
- Jonathan Seelig, Globespan Capital: managing more than $1 billion, Globespan Capital are a venture capital fund who are very active in the fields of technology, the internet, and mobile
- Ed Zimmermann, Grape Arbor VC: Grape Arbor VC is a network of highly active business angels, working in New York.
Detailed program of events:
- 6/10 – Reception at Critéo with Arnaud Montebourg, Minister of Industrial Renewal.
- 6/11 – France Digital Days
- 6/11 – Meeting with Fleur Pellerin, Delegate for SMEs and Axelle Lemaire, Secretary of State of Digital Affairs at France Digital
- 6/11 – Business Meeting at Elysée with French President, Francois Hollande
- 6/12 – Futur en Seine
- 6/12 – Tour of Ecole 42 with Nicolas Sadirac and Xavier Niel, the school’s cofounders
- 6/12 – Visit to startups in the Sentier neighborhood
- 6/12 – Startup Assembly