The French Tech Visa program will launch in the spring of 2017.
As part of the new residence permit “Passeport Talent,” this program will reinforce French Tech public measures to attract international tech talent and facilitate their arrival in France. The French Tech Visa will be available to entrepreneurs, startup employees and investors. The number of visas will not be limited, but candidates must fullfill certain eligibility criteria.
The French Tech Visa is available to the following types of foreign* tech talent:
- foreign startup & scale-up founders and employees,
- foreign professionals joining a French start-up or scale-up,
- foreign investors and business angels.
*Note: By “foreign,” we mean non-European citizens. Citizens from the European Economic Area and Switzerland do not need such a visa to live and work in France.
- Validity: Four years, on a renewable basis.
- Family: “Talent Passport – Family” residence permit granted to applicant’s spouse, guaranteeing labor market access (as an employee, business founder, etc.).
- No additional work permit is required for any work performed as an employee.
- Upon certain conditions, a fast-track procedure will be provided.
For more infomation and to keep up-to-date with the latest developments, check out http://visa.lafrenchtech.com/